Hydrotherapy is therapeutic exercise in a warm water pool. The properties of the water can promote muscle relaxation, reduce the load on the body (by relatively reducing your weight) and reduce pain. These sessions are led by a Physiotherapist and are generally in a group setting, however one-on-one sessions are available at selected times.
We run our hydrotherapy sessions at Warragul Leisure Centre. Prior to your first session you will need to attend an in-clinic appointment with the Physiotherapist, so we can learn a little bit about you and your body and design a specific hydrotherapy program just for you. Completing a program devised and supervised by a qualified Physiotherapist ensures that you are given specific, safe and effective exercises that will get you the best results whatever your goals are.
The aim of hydrotherapy is to provide an environment where our clients can perform an exercise program that they may not be able to do on land, due to a variety of reasons.
* Use of water as support (buoyancy counteracts gravity)
* Less load on your joints
* Decreased pain due to support
* Decreased muscle tension
* Improved muscle strength and control (water creates resistance)
* Improved joint range of motion
* Improved stability and balance
* Individualised exercise
* Back pain
* Foot and ankle injuries
* Rehabilitation after a work injury
* Rehabilitation after a car accident
* Sports Injuries
* Neurological conditions
* Cardio-respiratory problems
* Balance dysfunction
* Women’s health complaints
* Arthritis and aged related conditions
Post surgical rehabilitation including:
* Total Knee Replacement
* Total Hip Replacement
* Rotator Cuff Repair
* Knee arthroscope or reconstruction
* Following injuries where you have been non-weight bearing
Hydrotherapy is billed as per private physiotherapy consultations and individuals are responsible for their own pool entry fees at Warragul Leisure Centre.
Our team can assist Workers Compensation patients to apply for a pool membership so that they can do hydrotherapy both with our physios and in their own time.