Helping you during and after Cancer
Deconditioning is not uncommon during and after a cancer diagnosis. A one size treatment plan doesn’t fit all. Everyone’s cancer is different and everyone’s body reacts in a different ways, which is why an individualised rehabilitation plan is important.
We understand that while surviving cancer can be difficult, recovery can also become difficult if your body is deconditioned. We know some clients can find it difficult to complete certain exercise programs due to pain or fatigue levels. It is not uncommon to need regular rest breaks or exercise modifications on your road to recovery. Therefore, it is recommended you listen to your body and find a way you can keep moving and being active in any way possible to optimise your recovery.
Exercise is a safe and effective evidence-based intervention to counter the adverse effects of cancer and its treatment.
* Enhance the effectiveness of chemotherapy and other cancer treatment, as well as minimising the side effects of these treatments
* Improve your posture, muscle and bone strength
* Lower your risk of cancer recurrence
* Boost your energy levels and mood
* Enhance your sleep
* Improve your quality of life
Kate Jones is a qualified PINC & STEEL Cancer rehabilitation Physiotherapist and can assist you with creating a rehabilitation program made especially for you.
* Hydrotherapy (if no risk of infection)
* Use of our reformer machines
* Pilates based gentle exercises
* Resistance bands
* Walking or Cardiovascular exercises
* Physiotherapy hands on treatment
45 minute Supportive, fun and modified exercise class.